Permanent Cosmetics usually require multiple treatments. For the best results you will be required to return for at least one touch up treatment.
Be prepared for the colour intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately post treatment. This will soften as the colour will fade as the skin heals. This healing process can take 7-10 days, varying from person to person.
Since delicate skin or sensitive areas can be red or swollen it is advised that you don’t make any social plans for the day.
A sensitivity test is mandatory prior to treatment. No sensitivity test will result in no treatment.
Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen for 2 days prior to treatment, however, do not stop medication without your doctors consent.
Please wear normal make up on the day.
Do not drink alcohol the night before your treatment. Electrolysis must be performed 5 days prior to treatment. Eyebrow waxing and tinting should be performed 1 week prior treatment/
Aesthetics treatments such as filler or muscle relaxants must be performed at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
A drop of pigment will be placed behind your ear.
This is left for 24 hours. During this time examine the area checking for swelling, redness, irritation or itching.
If there is no reaction the treatment can go ahead.
Should you have any reaction, flush the area with water and consult your GP or relevant healthcare provider.
Proper care following your treatment is necessary to achieve the best results.
Keep in mind that in many cases some unevenness of colour and fade is to be expected. This is the purpose of a re-touch visit.
Please review the following directions and refer to them as necessary. If during the healing process you have any questions or concerns then please don’t hesitate to contact me.
FOR THE FIRST DAY
If you have experienced some swelling during the procedure, ice packs protected by a clean cloth may be applied as necessary to reduce swelling.
YOU MAY EXPERIENCE FOR THE NEXT 72 HOURS-
- dryness and itching in the treated area
- swelling and redness
Remember your selected colour will be strong and more sharply defined immediately after treatment.
DAILY AFTERCARE ROUTINE
- Always wash your hands before applying the aftercare balm.
- Apply the aftercare balm a minimum of 3 times a day. You should do this using a clean cotton bud for each application. Only use a small amount of healing balm each time.
- Keep the treated area totally dry until the healing process is complete. If the area gets wet, pat dry with a clean tissue. DO NOT RUB.
- Keep hair away from the treated area to prevent infection.
During the period of healing you also need to look after the area in other ways-
- Some itching is normal. Do not pick or scratch the treated area. This may result in the colour healing unevenly and you risk scarring and infection. Allow the wound to heal on its own.
- No make up should be applied for 72 hours after treatment. Completely avoiding the treated area until the healing process is complete.
- Do not expose the healing skin to direct sunlight, tanning beds, jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools, direct shower prays, skin creams or ointments other than what you have been instructed to use for 2 weeks following treatment.
LONG TERM CARE
- Use a good suncream. Sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics.
- If your are planning chemical peels, MRI scan or other medical procedures, please inform your doctor you have had permanent cosmetics.
- Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for 6 months post procedure.
Should you need to contact me regarding anything post procedure please contact me at –
01514 984 886
If you have concerns with any post procedure reactions please contact your GP or relevant health care provider immediately.
We look forward to making you look and feel your best. Helping you to calm your soul and take a moment to forget about everything but yourself.